Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution I.P.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution I.P. diluted to Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2% w/v in a pleasantly flavoured base.
Mode of action:
Bacterial plaque produces irritants, which cause gingivitis and periodontitis, ultimately leading to loss of teeth. Chemical control of plaque is achieved effectively with Hexidine. As an antimicrobial, Hexidine prevents secondary infections arising out of poor oral hygiene; and is particularly useful in plaque control of bed-ridden patients following surgery or in the ICU, respiratory tract infections such as pharyngitis, tonsillitis, post-tonsillectomy surgery, preventing complications of pregnancy gingivitis, bacterial endocarditis. Hexidine is also useful in preventing dental caries. Hexidine is 15 seconds contact demonstrates microbicidal effect and 12 hours bacteriostatic action.
Prevention of plaque in absence of brushing. Prevention and treatment of gingivitis.Treatment of oral candidiasis, controlling secondary bacterial infections for aphthous ulcers. Aids in treatment of mouth and throat infections.
Directions for use:
For treatment and prevention, swish in the mouth for one minute. Do not wash mouth, eat, drink thereafter for 20 minutes. For prolonged use, take 1:1 dilution of Hexidine with plain water. Recommended only under professional guidance.
10 ml twice a day.
Not to be swallowed. For oral use only. Brown staining of the teeth in some cases may be reported, while using the product, which usually disappears once treatment is over, or may require scaling/polishing.
Do not use toothpastes immediately after rinsing with Hexidine, since it will reduce the effect of Hexidine. Use them first or at a different time of the day and rinse mouth thoroughly with water before using Hexidine. Avoid tannin-containing food and drinks for atleast one hour after using Hexidine. If symptoms persist, stop using and consult the dentist. Noticeable change in taste, or burning sensation may occur in exceptional cases, when you first use Hexidine, which usually go away as you continue to use the product.
PET bottles of 80ml (2.7 fl.oz), 160ml (5.41 fl.oz) with 10ml measuring cap. Plastic bottle of 500 ml (16.9 fl. oz).