A high strength strontium-based glass ionomer restorative providing all the properties of genuine glass ionomers with physical properties strong enough for use in posterior teeth.
Characteristics & Benefits
- Chemical adhesion to tooth structure allows minimal cavity preparation without the need for etching or bonding agents
- Chemical setting without shrinkage allows single step placement without layering
- Similar thermal expansion as tooth structure produce minimal stress on the marginal seal
- Strontium based glass provides good radiopacity and snap-set characteristics unanimously preferred by clinicians
- Strontium based fluoride releasing formulation contributes to internal remineralization within tooth structure as well as increasing surface strength over time
- High compressive and flexural strength, and 60% higher wear resistance than conventional glass ionomers makes Gold Label 9 strong enough for use in posterior teeth
Indications for Gold Label 9
- Class I and small Class II restorations in non-load bearing areas
- Class I and Class II restorations in deciduous teeth
- Transitional restorations
- Base / Core build-ups
How to Use Gold Label 9
- After conditioning the tooth surface with GC Dentin Conditioner (10% polyacrylic acid), apply the Gold Label 9 or Fuji IX GP in Capsule mixed accordingly into the cavity
- Form the contour and place a matrix if required during the working time
- After initial set, when the material starts to lose the glossy appearance, moisture protectwith GC Cocoa Butter or GC Fuji Varnish or GC Fuji Coat LC
- Final finishing under water spray can be carried out at the recommended times from start of mix
- After finishing, apply a final coat of GC Fuji Varnish or GC Fuji Coat LC as a protective coating.
Alternatively, application of a final protective coat of G-Coat PLUS can improve wear resistance
|Mixing Time||30 sec|
|Working Time (min, sec)||20 min|
|Finishing begins (from start of mix)||6 min|
* Mixing conditions at 23°C. Higher temperatures will shorten working time.